This full 8 hour private day trip from Halifax will allow us to visit both picturesque Lunenburg and beautiful Peggy's Cove. Both perfect for artists & photographers we will make various stops throughout the day to take it all in. We travel to Lunenburg via the hi-way and then work our way back to Peggy's Cove, blending highway & coastal driving enjoying the scenic villages, coastlines and views.
Founded by German & Swiss Protestant settlers in 1753, much of the town of Lunenburg's architecture predates the 1900's. This makes it one of the most authentic colonial settlements in North America. Lunenburg is truly a walking town and has some hills. Everything is centrally located and just a short distance from one another. Lunenburg is UNESCO World Heritage Site, National Historic District, winner of the Communities in Bloom most beautiful small town in Canada
Peggy's Cove is Nova Scotia's most popular tourist attraction. A small rural community located on the eastern shore of St. Margaret's Bay, famous for the Peggy's Point Lighthouse & fishing village founded in 1811. Built in 1915, Peggy’s Point Lighthouse still keeps watch over surging ocean waves and working lobster boats. Wander over giant rocks worn smooth by the sea and share in the view. Make sure you give the Lighthouse a 'hug & kiss' ... it's a tradition ;)
Note that Lunenburg is located approx. 1hr 15min from Halifax via highway.
Max seating is six guests based on typical sized adults/children. The number of passengers would be reduced for over-sized/taller passengers to ensure comfort & accessibility. See FAQ for more details.
As with all of my tours, it can be customized to suit your interests. Meal stops with various options are available along the route at an extra cost.
Travel from Halifax to Lunenburg. Time will pass by quickly with highlight information & history of Halifax & Nova Scotia.
- P/U - Cruise Ship Port; Local Hotel or other location
- Learn local history including events such as the Halifax Explosion of 1917 and Halifax's connection to the Titanic as we make our way to Lunenburg
- Lunenburg - known for its narrow streets & unique architecture. Wander the old town's distinctive waterfront with its colourful buildings or visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic (additional fee will apply) on the waterfront.
- Travel through Mahone Bay, a peaceful, tranquil destination with a captivating seafaring past. We will stop for some photos of the 3 Churches from across the bay.
- Head to Peggy's Cove with iconic Lighthouse and Fishing Village
- Return to Halifax from Peggy's Cove is about 1 hr.
Optional stops based on route, timing & customer interest.
- Swiss Air Memorial Site
- Acadian Maple
- Titanic Gravesite
Timing for stops & exploring along the way will vary based on customers wishes. There will be time for a meal stop during the day and location will be based on our tour timing and guest input.
Tour is 8 hours ($800 CND; approx. $595 USD, includes local Tax 15%) Note: All pricing is in Canadian Funds. Gratuities are not included and are never expected but always appreciated.
All tours are PRIVATE which means we do not fill seats. No other group/persons will be joining your tour.