This full 8 hr private day trip from Halifax will allow us to visit both picturesque Lunenburg and beautiful Peggy's Cove. Both perfect for artists & photographers we will make various stops throughout the day to take in all in. We travel to Lunenburg via the hi-way and then work our way back to Peggy's Cove, blending highway & coastal driving enjoying the scenic villages, coastlines and views.
Founded by German & Swiss Protestant settlers in 1753, much of the town of Lunenburg's architecture predates the 1900's. This makes it one of the most authentic colonial settlements in North America. Lunenburg is truly a walking town and has some hills. Everything is centrally located and just a short distance from one another.
Peggy's Cove is Nova Scotia's most popular tourist attraction. A small rural community located on the eastern shore of St. Margaret's Bay, famous for the Peggy's Point Lighthouse & fishing village founded in 1811.
Note that Lunenburg is located approx. 1hr 15min from Halifax via highway.
Travel from Halifax to Lunenburg. Time will pass by quickly with highlight information & history of Halifax & Nova Scotia.
- P/U - Cruise Ship Port; Local Hotel or other location
- Learn local history including events such as the Halifax Explosion of 1917 and Halifax's connection to the Titanic as we make our way to Lunenburg
- Lunenburg - known for its narrow streets & unique architecture. Wander the old town's distinctive waterfront with its colourful buildings or visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic (additional fee will apply) on the waterfront.
- Travel through Mahone Bay, a peaceful, tranquil destination with a captivating seafaring past. We will stop for some photos of the 3 Churches from across the bay.
- Head to Peggy's Cove with iconic Lighthouse and Fishing Village
- Return to Halifax about 1 hr.
Timing for stops & exploring along the way will vary based on customers wishes. There will be time for a meal stop during the day.
Cost is $800 includes local taxes (15%) - Canadian Funds
Contact me with any questions or to personalize this tour.