Peggy's Cove is famous for its iconic lighthouse set on rocky coast and its quaint fishing village. This exciting day features many beautiful coastal sites & villages along the way to Peggy's Cove. Perfect for Photographers. Experience what other will miss. A great fit for a Shore Excursion or Day Trip from Halifax.
We'll chat like old friends about local history, culture, major events as the Great Halifax Explosion of 1917 and our connection to the Titanic. We will visit the Fairview Lawn Cemetery (largest resting place for the many Titanic victims).
I tend to avoid the crowds where possible, get off the beaten track and go where the tour buses do not go. We don't rush our stops, but keep on time to return back to your drop off point as scheduled.
I know a couple of places for great food. Enjoy the tastes of Nova Scotia from our famous Lobster to fish & chips and other local favorites. Or grab a bite on the go allowing more time for sites.
Enjoy the scenery on our return with highlights & maybe a quiz !
Driving from Halifax to Peggy's Cove, we'll get to know each other & talk a little history with opportunities to stop for photos. stretch your legs & take in the beauty.
- P/U - Cruise Ship Port; Local Hotel or other location
- Learn some local history of Halifax including events such as the Halifax Explosion of 1917 and Halifax's connection to the Titanic.
- Visit the Fairview Lawn Cemetery (Titanic Graveyard)
- Head off the beaten track to small fishing village(s), rocky coastlines (maybe find some sea glass on the beach)
- Peggy's Cove with iconic Lighthouse and Fishing Village
- For lunch enjoy Lobster, fish and chips and other local favorites (additional cost).
- Travel back to Halifax while enjoying the beautiful sites
- Pop Quiz ?
Optional stops based on route, timing & customer interest.
- Swiss Air Memorial Site
- Acadian Maple
- Citadel Hill
- Fort Needham Memorial Park (Halifax Explosion)
A perfect Tour for a Shore Excursion/Day Trip.
Cost is $500 includes local taxes (15%) - Canadian Funds
Contact me with any questions or to personalize this tour.