At Down East Tours, we will always put health and safety first even before COVID. With the COVID-19 outbreak, it has become essential to take consistent, careful, and deliberate actions to ensure a safer touring environment for all. We expect every guide and traveler to act responsibly to protect the health and safety of themselves, their companions, and the wider communities in which they live, work and travel.
Health & Safety Best Practices for All Tours:
- Travelers should not go on tour if you, or someone with whom you have been in contact, are sick or are experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms (such as cough, fever, shortness of breath). Travelers can contact us if they need to cancel their tour at the last minute.
- Avoid physical contact between guide and traveler; no hugs/handshakes.
- Hand sanitizer, spare masks and wipes will be available at all times.
- Wear masks while in enclosed spaces such as in vehicles and suggested in other enclosed spaces such as museums.
- Be aware of and respect local health and safety regulations and advisories.
- Vehicles will be deep cleaned/sanitized before and after each tour, including all surfaces to be properly sanitized.
We will keep travelers informed prior to the date of the tour to:
- Confirm ground rules, to make them aware of local regulations and advisories, and to gauge their level of comfort with any associated risks.
- Provide travelers with the information and time they will need to make any necessary preparations for the tour (e.g. arranging personal supplies such as water, food, sanitizer, masks, wipes).
- Arrange meeting locations which allow for optimal physical distancing - for instance, open areas free from crowding.
- Actively protect travelers from others who are not respecting their space or adhering to safety measures.
- Plan routes and itineraries to avoid crowds and busy periods.
- Schedule regular hand washing breaks.
As we embrace the “new normal” we recommend to continue to:
- Wash/sanitize hands frequently;
- Cough or sneeze only into a closed elbow
- Avoid shared items
- Maintain physical distance between yourself and those outside your bubble.
Our goal on tour is to have the best experience and being prepared with best practices.
We hope that providing this reassurance to travelers will get us one step closer to returning to the “normal” all of our livelihoods depend upon.