Our tour begins with a glimpse into the history of Halifax and connection to the Titanic as we take you to the Fairview Lawn Cemetery where many of the victims from the sinking of the Titanic are buried. We will talk about the Halifax Explosion of 1917 and how it changed the cities of both Halifax and Dartmouth. Your private tour continues as we travel across one of the two bridges to the Dartmouth area and on to Fisherman's Cove, located in Eastern Passage.
We will tour some local sites including a boardwalk which crosses a pond and leads you to the incredible ocean . . keep an eye out for the local Moose that is known to be in the area of the Silver Sands Beach.
Fisherman's Cove is both frozen in time and constantly evolving. A wonderfully quaint, restored 200 year-old fishing community that is still active, it is also home to a unique collection of colourful gift shops, museums and art galleries, delicious restaurants, coffee and bake shops, and ice-cream canteens.
Enjoy the shops, get up close to the fishing boats, learn about the fishing and lobster traps.
Max seating is six guests based on typical sized adults/children. The number of passengers would be reduced for over-sized/taller passengers to ensure comfort & accessibility. See FAQ for more details.
Your Private Tour is flexible based on your interests and wishes.
- P/U Cruise Ship Port; Hotel or other location
- Local history, Halifax Explosion of 1917, Halifax's Titanic Connection
- Titanic Graveyard Site; 121 Graves
- Fisherman's Cove area, discover local sites away from any touristy crowds
- Explore the shops/eateries where you will find delicious food, Maritime crafts, local paintings, unique folk art & souvenirs
- Grab a bite on the go or a sit down meal to enjoy the tastes of Nova Scotia
- Enjoy the scenery on our return with highlights & maybe a quiz !
Other options based on guest interests, time permitting:
- Mount Olivet RC Cemetery, 19 Graves
- Jewish Baron de Hirsch Cemetery, 10 Graves. Special permission needed ahead of time to visit. I can arrange this.
- Fort Needham Memorial Park (Halifax Explosion)
- Circle Citadel Hill for some photos of the city
- Cole Harbour, Home of Pittsburgh Penguins Sidney Crosby "Sid the Kid"
- Citadel Hill (a favorite place to stop for pictures of Halifax City and the waterfront)
As with all of my tours, it can be customized to suit your interests. Meal stops with various options are available along the route at an extra cost.
Tour is 5 hours ($500 CND, includes local Tax 15%; approx. $375 USD) Note: All pricing is in Canadian Funds. Gratuities are not included and are never expected but always appreciated.
All tours are PRIVATE which means we do not fill seats. No other group/persons will be joining your tour.