This 6 hr Private Tour from Halifax to Lunenburg with return travel via Mahone Bay, Chester Basin has a mix of beautiful coastal and highway driving. We can stop at different sites to take in the beauty of Nova Scotia and get that post card photo.
We begin our day by traveling along the waterfront area of Halifax as we make our way to the highway & onwards to Lunenburg. (Approx. 1hr 15min) The time will pass by quickly as we share informational highlights and history of Nova Scotia, Halifax and surrounding areas.
Lunenburg is known for its narrow streets & unique architecture (a UNESCO World Heritage Site) and is also the home port of Nova Scotia's sailing ambassador, the Bluenose II. Founded by German & Swiss Protestant settlers in 1753, much of the town of Lunenburg's architecture predates the 1900's. This makes it one of the most authentic colonial settlements in North America. You can still see tall ships moored in the harbour & at times hear blacksmith's hammer in a waterfront warehouse. Lunenburg is truly a walking town and some hills with everything centrally located and just a short distance from one another.
Wander the old town's distinctive waterfront with its colourful buildings or visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic (additional fee will apply) on the waterfront. Stop into the former Blacksmith Shop, now Ironworks Distillery & try local Spirits that are sure to leave a lasting impression.
Leaving Lunenburg we travel to Mahone Bay, a peaceful, tranquil destination with a captivating seafaring past. It is also famous for its views of The Three Churches across the waters. We will then head towards Chester and Chester Basin..
We will mix coastal and highway driving on our return to Halifax.
Max seating is six guests based on typical sized adults/children. The number of passengers would be reduced for over-sized/taller passengers to ensure comfort & accessibility. See FAQ for more details.
As with all of my tours, it can be customized to suit your interests. Meal stops with various options are available along the route at an extra cost.
Travel along the waterfront of Halifax as we make our way to the highway & onto Lunenburg. Time will pass by quickly with highlight information & history of Halifax & Nova Scotia.
- P/U - Cruise Ship Port; Local Hotel or other location
- Learn local history including events such as the Halifax Explosion of 1917 and Halifax's connection to the Titanic as we make our way to Lunenburg
- Lunenburg - known for its narrow streets & unique architecture. Wander the old town's distinctive waterfront with its colourful buildings or visit the Fisheries Museum of the Atlantic (additional fee will apply) on the waterfront.
- Mahone Bay, a peaceful, tranquil destination with a captivating seafaring past. Famous for its views of Churches from across the bay
- Plenty of time for photos and a meal stop in either Lunenburg or Mahone Bay
- Coastal driving while enjoying the beautiful sites, making our through the Chester Basin on our way back to Halifax
Tour is 6 hours ($600 CND; approx. $445 USD, includes local Tax 15%) Note: All pricing is in Canadian Funds. Gratuities are not included and are never expected but always appreciated.
All tours are PRIVATE which means we do not fill seats. No other group/persons will be joining your tour.